Jul 27 2010
Bloomberg recently highlighted the increased number of social media courses featured in business school programs, including top schools such as Harvard and Columbia. Curriculum includes marketing to consumers through mediums such as twitter and facebook and the impact of social media upon global business.
As mentioned in previous articles on this blog, social media can be used for not only marketing professional services and products, but also marketing yourself as part of a comprehensive executive career management strategy. Internet and social media executive job search strategies will also play an increasingly important role in business school career management programs, and BlueSteps, the career management service of the AESC, already has many partnerships with top business schools worldwide.*
Take a look at the following six articles that discuss the use of social media in conducting a personal PR campaign or executive job search:
1. How to Communicate with Senior Executive Recruiters through a Blog
2. Executive Job Search - Leveraging Twitter for Online Career Management
3. Is Twitter An Executive Pursuit? 4 Good Reasons Why!
4. Rise to the Top - 6 Essential Techniques to Gain Online Exposure to Executive Recruiters
5. 5 Key Ways to Maximize your LinkedIn Profile
6. Social Etiquette - How Should You Interact Online?
*Business school students and should visit their resources section of the business school to see if they can benefit from our partnerships.
Gain Worldwide Exposure to AESC Executive Recruiters
BlueSteps is the exclusive service of the AESC that puts senior executives on the radar screen of over 6,000 executive search professionals in over 70 countries. Be visible, and be considered for up to 50,000 opportunities handled by AESC search firms every year. Find out more.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!