Feb 6 2011
A senior executive on LinkedIn asked whether or not BlueSteps is worth the membership fee.
It’s a fair question for someone considering their own career strategy. Of course from our perspective, we believe absolutely yes. But thinking from the perspective of an executive-level professional, here’s why we feel strongly that a BlueSteps membership is a sound investment for a nominal fee.
Investing in services to help manage one’s finances or personal fitness is incredibly common. You likely have a gym membership. Maybe you do or have at least thought about seeking the services of a financial advisor. Why wouldn’t someone who has worked so hard to get where they are invest in their career in the same way? BlueSteps is a membership for your career.
A BlueSteps membership is structured to provide guidance to you no matter what stage of your career you find yourself—whether you are actively job seeking or focused on negotiating your next pay increase, we’ve got you covered. Owned and operated by the global Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps combines the career intelligence of more than 16,000 executive recruiters in 70+ countries, all from top AESC member executive search firms. As a result, we are uniquely positioned to pass on to BlueSteps members exclusive intel on the global executive job market, what recruiters are looking for in senior hires across industries, and how you can best position yourself to attract new opportunities. A BlueSteps membership empowers you to take control of your career strategy and:
- Advance your career with tools to keep you on track.
- Access insider job market intelligence from the experts.
- Identify and network with the right recruiters.
- Discover executive jobs and board positions not found elsewhere.
- Connect with world class career advisors for support when you need it.
- Protect your privacy and personal data without missing out on new opportunities.
But don’t take our word for it alone. We constantly hear stories from both recruiters and candidates on how BlueSteps helps executives advance their careers:
"In this age of digitalization, executive recruiters apply an exhaustive search process to find the talent their clients need. BlueSteps has a significant complementary role to play in enabling us to do so!"
- Head of Odgers Berndtson, Belgium
"I found BlueSteps career resources extremely useful in my job search. I also gained valuable guidance from executive search consultants and from executive coaches. There is a multitude of useful advice about job search strategy, personal branding and networking...The tips for interviewing and negotiation are also outstanding. I would highly recommend BlueSteps membership to other senior executives."
- Global Vice President - Commercial Initiatives, Chicago Area, USA
What are you waiting for? Forge your career path. We’ll be there to help guide you every step of the way. A BlueSteps membership will provide you with our Core Membership plus you will enjoy the first six months of Premium Services on us:
- Gain insider information from recruiters & C-suite leaders in members-only reports, guides & newsletters
- Participate in virtual workshops with executive career coaches & get your questions answered
- Receive a career consultation with an expert advisor and access add-on coaching, resume/CV and personal branding support when you need it
- Build a discreet career profile searchable by top executive search firms worldwide
- Access a curated selection of open searches, executive-level jobs and board opportunities, all in one place
- Find the search firms you should know with a global directory searchable by industry, function & geography
- Craft compelling outreach to recruiters using an exclusive message builder
- Benchmark your pay with other BlueSteps executives using our exclusive compensation tool
- Create career goals and measure your progress with a built-in goals tracker
Map your unique career journey. Let’s go.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!