Jan 17 2011
Every month we send a free newsletter with our choice of executive career management articles from the previous 30 days. See below for our top picks in December and sign up now to receive the newsletter next month.
1. 8 Things to Avoid in Your Executive Job Search
Taking an alternative approach to career management, we asked a number of executive recruiters what are the biggest errors made by candidates during an executive job search. Read on to discover the DO's and DON'Ts when contacting executive recruiters or headhunters.
Read Article Now
2. The Lockdown - 4 Steps to Salary Negotiation Success
Jack Chapman explains a technique call the lockdown maneuver - an excellent salary negotiation method that will help you maximise your results without jeopardising your offer.
3. Experience vs. Experiences - How to Cross-Sell Yourself
Switching industries can be a daunting task, facing internal and external doubts about your career experience. However, begin thinking about your career experience in a different way and soon you will be ready to make that transition you seek.
Best LinkedIn Comment - 'Does a good resume make a difference?'
"In today's job market, there are hundreds of resumes often received for desirable positions so it can be difficult to stand out without a great resume. In addition, the reaction a candidate wants when he/she walks through the door is "I read your resume and I have been looking forward to meeting you." This reaction won't happen with a poorly written resume. A great resume definitely makes a difference!" - Ade Lawal, CEO
3 More Articles You Cannot Miss
1. Around the World in 18 Days - AESC President's Letter (December 2010)
2. Is Leadership Nonsense Talk?
3. Gender Discrimination Widespread in Finance
BlueSteps members receive additional full-length career management articles, expert advice and reports unpublished to the public. Create a career profile in BlueSteps to be visible to over 6,000 executive recruiters in 74 countries. Apply to BlueSteps Now.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!