Jul 26 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of career transition, featuring Rainer Morita, BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and Sally Stetson, Salveson Stetson Group.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What should executives consider when thinking about making a transition?
- I want to work in a new industry. Which industries are most conducive to transition between?
- I own my own business, but want to transition back into a corporate role. Any advice?
- How do you recommend executives prepare for an unexpected career transition?
- How can an executive recover from a bad career transition decision?
- How can I alter my resume to fit the new function/industry I want to transition into?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 9,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!