Sep 22 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of Executive Search and Your CFO Position, featuring Catherine Bell, from BluEra, and Rick Cannellos, from Epsen Fuller Group.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are some emerging trends you are witnessing in the CFO function?
- What would you say are the major challenges for CFOs at the moment?
- Which qualities are most important for a CFO candidate to have?
- What skills are in high demand right now for finance executives?
- How do I know which recruiters really specialize in CFO searches?
- What is the typical career path of a CFO?
- As a CFO, how do I prepare for/present myself for a board seat?
- Is there a high demand for expat CFO candidates or do companies prefer local candidates?
- How can currently employed CFOs prepare in case they ever end up in transition?
- How can in-transition CFOs gain visibility among the executive search community?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Use MyGoals to Set Career Goals and Track Their Progress
Setting goals allows you to proactively work towards success in your career plan. BlueSteps is our latest tool for you with several different goal options and a variety small steps to help take you down the road to success. Once you've chosen your desired goal, you can login regularly to take new, obtainable tasks to achieve it.