Sep 24 2014
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Diversity and Women on Boards, featuring Adriane Willig, Principal at Witt/Kieffer.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Why has it become so important for companies to add more diverse candidates to their boards?
- What changes are being made by board committees to create more diverse boards?
- How can diverse candidates leverage their backgrounds to get a board seat?
- Are there specific challenges that women face in getting a board seat?
- Are there advantages that women may have in seeking board positions?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!