Feb 10 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of negotiating executive compensation, featuring John Ryan, from TRANSEARCH.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How does one figure out the salary he/she deserves?
- How should I approach negotiating compensation while going for a new job?
- Is it appropriate to share my current compensation objectives during the interview process?
- How should I go about researching executive-level salary figures to prepare for a negotiation?
- Is it true that one should never accept the first offer? If so, why is that?
- Could my current employment status impact the level of compensation I can get?
- What should I expect when it comes to long-term incentives, like stock options, profit sharing, etc?
- How should I go about negotiating intangible benefits, such as flex-time, paternity leave, etc?
- Any advice for how I should go about asking for a raise?
- What trends are you seeing in compensation at the executive level? Are certain roles seeing increases?
- Is it best to negotiate an employment contract and severance package while negotiating my compensation?
- And more
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.