Nov 29 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive expats, featuring Tiffany Hardy, BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and Rainer Morita, BlueSteps Executive Career Services.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Are there any red flags I should look out for when considering an expat role?
- How should I plan ahead for my eventual repatriation?
- Is there any kind of course available so that the employee can attend in order to be prepared for executive expatriation?
- What should I expect in my expat compensation package?
- What are the key personal/professional questions to ask in considering taking an international assignment?
- My current employer is converting a maximum of expat jobs to local jobs. Is that a global trend or limited to specific companies?
- What traits do top global executives have to have to be a successful expat?
- Is expat experience still perceived to be valuable by top employers or is local experience preferred now?
- How does one go about in positioning oneself as an expatriate towards (executive) recruiters which seem to be location oriented?
- Should one go directly to the head offices of multinational companies instead of recruiters in case one is seeking an expat job?
- After 6 years as expat and CEO, looking to return to US. Any advice?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 9,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!