Jul 28 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive job search in the tech sector, featuring Stephen Van Vreede, BlueSteps executive career advisor.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What is the current state of the job market in the tech sector?
- What would you rank as the major challenges for tech executives at the moment?
- How can a tech executive get noticed in today’s job market?
- What executive skills are in high demand in the tech sector?
- What types of candidates are tech companies looking for?
- Which executive positions are the most in-demand right now in the tech sector?
- How are tech leaders managing cybersecurity challenges specifically?
- Has demand increased for senior tech leaders on corporate boards? What skills are sought?
- What is the acceptance rate for the tech industry to accept executives from non-tech industries?
- What's the best way to learn about open tech executive opportunities?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!