Jul 12 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of making the leap to CEO, featuring Cathy Logue, from Stanton Chase, and Jose Ruiz, from Alder Koten.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What kinds of candidates are prepared to make the leap to CEO?
- What is the typical career path of a CEO?
- Is it still uncommon for non-operations-focused executives to become CEO, such as CFOs, CMOs, or CIOs?
- How critical is the need for direct P&L ownership or ops experience? How can I address this if I don’t have much?
- What challenges will executives face when seeking CEO opportunities?
- How can I figure out if I would do well in a CEO role?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!