Aug 25 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted a follow up #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of making the leap to CEO, featuring Cathy Logue, from Stanton Chase, and Jose Ruiz, from Alder Koten. To read part one, click here.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How should I go about seeking out a CEO role – can executive search consultants help?
- As a newer executive, what training or roles should I seek out on my path to CEO?
- How much experience do most executives have before attaining their first CEO role?
- Can attaining board director roles help boost my qualifications for a CEO role?
- How do I go about redefining my branding in resumes, interviews, etc. as an executive looking to make the leap to CEO?
- What advice do you have for women and diverse candidates on overcoming obstacles to CEO?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!