Mar 22 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive compensation, featuring Frank Morogiello, from Pearson Partners International.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Why is it important that candidates negotiate their compensation before accepting a job offer?
- How do you recommend executives research their value before a compensation negotiation?
- How should I address cost of living if I’m relocating?
- How do perks fit into my compensation? Is it true that these can be more valuable than a salary?
- What mistakes do some executives make when negotiating compensation?
- Is it important to negotiate a severance package before accepting a new offer? If so, what should be included?
- Do employers expect that I’ll make a counteroffer? If so, what is appropriate to add?
- Are unemployed executives at a disadvantage in salary negotiations? Any tips to overcome this?
- When is it an appropriate time to ask for a raise at the executive level?
- What can I do if my counteroffer or raise request is rejected?
- How do I figure out fair equity/stock when negotiating compensation?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.